A unique product that benefits farmers, a company that knows and cares about agriculture and puts producers first.
Global Ag Input Solutions has a product that is unique to the industry that provides tremendous benefits to producers in cashflow management. Producers can now leverage their insurance policy to use as collateral to borrow money to purchase inputs and not have to use their land or equipment as security for the lending institution. They can use the product to purchase seed, fertilizer and chemical at any retailer at any time of the program year putting the negotiating power back in their own hands. I see the value in this unique product, the power it will provide producers and how it will change the world of input financing for the better. This is why I joined Global Ag Input Solutions.
My name is Cameron Evesque and for the past 17 years I’ve been working in the Agricultural Finance industry in Alberta, most recently in the top lending position with a stable government organization. For the past few years, I’ve been looking for an opportunity to get back to Saskatchewan, to be closer to the family farm and closer to family. I have a strong passion for agriculture, and for helping farmers, and I understand farm finances and financing.
Prior to joining Global Ag Input Solutions in September of 2017, my two key criteria for considering this job opportunity were:
- Can this company and its products truly add value and benefit the farmer?
- Do the management and employees understand farming, have farmer's best interests at heart, and have the same passion for helping farmers that I do?
After meeting with Ag Input Solutions, once I understood their products and got to meet the management team I made the decision to join their team very quickly. They clearly understand farming and what producers need to be successful.
Global Ag Input Solutions Input Financing allows a producer to:
- Expand using their equity in land to buy more land, leaving both the equipment, and input financing to stand alone. Instead of using land, a general security agreement (equipment, inventory, accounts receivable) or other security, the product uses growing crop and inventory, as well as the Global Ag Risk Solutions Insurance Policy as security.
- Leverage your insurance (Global Ag Risk insurance policy) to access input funds. It is the only product on the market that truly allows a producer to use their insurance policy as collateral in order to borrow funds to cover your input purchases.
- Shop the retailers. You are not tied to any particular retailer like you are with other retail input financing. You will save a lot of money by being able to bargain for your inputs with the ultra-competitive retailers, and you will be able to buy the inputs whenever you want.
We all know that there are better deals on inputs at different times throughout the year. You can write a cheque at any retailer, at any time of year. You have access to your funds throughout the program year which runs November 1 through October 31 of the following year.
Managing cashflow for a farm is critical. As a former banker and a current producer, I know that farmers often are forced to sell their crops to pay bills at times when commodity prices are low. With this product, your working capital is not tied up in input purchases, allowing a producer to sell when prices are more attractive, and to consider utilizing future pricing.
I am truly excited to be a part of such a progressive and exciting company - one that understands farming! I look forward to meeting producers and explaining to them how Global Ag Input Solutions Input Financing can benefit their operations.
Global Ag Input Solutions is a subsidiary of Global Ag Risk Solutions and is a registered Loans Broker in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.